A couple of announcements:
- Tonight (Tuesday, 2/21) we’ll be talking about Living & Lying Online. Lindsay will be leading the discussion.
- Thursday, 2/24, we’ll be getting an introduction to Flickr by Emily. Make sure to review Emily’s assignment!
- I’ll also be introducing the Community Project on Thursday.
- Next week we’re covering Race & Ethnicity and Aviary. I need materials from Kirsten and Johnna this week to share with the class (Let me know if you want to schedule a meeting to talk, Kirsten and Johnna!).
- Check out my email from today about the change to the Creative Commons exploration assignment:
Upon further consideration, I’ve decided to postpone our Creative Commons investigation activity (where we were all going to collaboratively edit an image) until after this week and next week during which time you’ll get introduced to Flickr and Aviary. Both of these tools will make the idea of finding and editing images a bit easier, I hope.
I’m still planning on doing it later in the semester, though, so you’re not off the hook!
Instead, make sure you watch the “A Shared Culture” video that I mentioned last Thursday. And, if you haven’t yet blogged about Creative Commons and/or copyright, please use your blog to respond to the video and answer the question I asked last week: “Why are we talking about copyright in a class about digital identity?” I’d like to see these responses by this Thursday!
- Keep blogging about your identity project and let me know when you are ready for contact information for your subject!
- If you haven’t already, share your digital story idea on your blog by Thursday!!!!
- I’m working on two things that I should have ready by Thursday:
- A running list of assignments to keep track of what’s going on
- A post that covers ways to approach your subject interview (THIS IS NOW DONE)